Wow, the last 2 weeks have been non-stop and crazy for me! Thankfully I've finally recovered with a good long day of much needed sleep! I had Katsucon last weekend, followed by Con-G this passed weekend. Both were an absolute BLAST! Here's a quick rundown of my highlights from both events:
- Drove down with *the-mirror-melts
, it was a long 10-12 hour trek, but in great company!
- Debut of my Forest Spirit!
Damn did it ever go over well! I am still overwhelmed by the amount of love it is getting, so thank you everyone!! I'm so happy that people are enjoying it as much as I did to make it.
You can see a wonderful scene with it in this video by MLZStudio: [link]
- Lots of hangouts with so many friends as well as making new friends! I had a huge fangirl moment when I got to spend an evening with two of my favourite cosplayers ~pixiekitty
! Both amazing and super nice!
- Ergo Proxy photoshoot with *alucardleashed
. Excited for the photos!
- Had an epic WoW group with ~dust-bunny
. We got featured in 2 of the Katsucon fan videos! Watch them here: [link] [link]
- A hardcore Canadian invasion! So glad many of my fellow Canadians had a great first time experience. We must pull more recruits for next year!
Epic Photo collage from Katsu! Will add more as they get posted!
- Attended as a Community Guest, doing panels and workshops. Thank you to everyone who attended them, I hope they were helpful.
Another big thank you to everyone who approached me in the halls just to say hi or compliment my work. It means so much and it was a pleasure to meet you all!
- Entered the masquerade with *vickybunnyangel
and Tricky Love. We did a Princess Mononoke skit and ended up winning Best in Class Master! It was an unexpected win for us, since we were totally in it for fun and to satisfy our love for the film. Video to show you all hopefully soon!
- Epic dance party with epic people! I had such a great time! Also just hanging out and catching up with some many people was awesome. I love smaller cons for this reason!
Speaking of the con itself, it was their best year yet! They also announced that next year will likely be their last, which makes me sad, but I'm %100 behind them! Thank you to Con-G for 1. Be so awesome! 2. Having me as a guest 2 years in a row now. My best wishes and all my support and love go to you for next year, which I know will be the most epic year yet!